My response is, where were you when we needed you? When you were chummy with the Communist, Ted Kennedy, making deals that expanded government into education and making it the unworkable public sector mess it is today; where were you, Mr. Private Sector Conservative?
When your buddy Bill Bennett (we won't even touch his record) promised to push term limits and only run that many, where were you? When we needed a voice in judiciary appointments, too countless to name here, where were you? For the countless times we needed someone who would push government intrusion, regulation, and higher taxes, crushing private sector initiative; where were you?
I voted for your sorry ass every-single-election because you were a hair better than the Democrat -- a single hair. "Better the Devil you know", as Kipling would say. Well, he got one thing right. You had the political capital, the support of the people, and dare I say, the moral impetus of a religion that values freedom above all else; so, where were you?
I'll tell you. You were never where you needed to be for the right reasons because your reasons were different from ours. You are a political chameleon willing to change colors to blend in with the background. Chameleons are creatures that specialize in not standing out. Mission accomplished.
Now you have a savvy new email campaign, website, and all that hip tech that makes you look all next generation Tea Party and all that. Doubtless, you paid top dollar (of our money) to make yourself over for the millionth time so that when elections roll around we'll elect another Orrin Hatch, not the old one, but the hip new Orrin; the Orrin that this time cares about freedom.
I get your newsletters full of cut 'n paste banality and wonder if you've ever read anything about the world around you. The bullet point topics, like "The Importance of Tax Reform" are so incredibly stupid that it could make a persons head explode. Of course, the article has the link to another one of your bland speeches stating the obvious in as colorless way as possible.
So, Orrin, where were you when we needed you?
Helping yourself to our favors and then vanishing.
THIS SENIOR CITIZEN NAILED IT !
Alan Simpson, Senator from Wyoming, Co-Chair of Obama's deficit commission, calls senior citizens the Greediest Generation as he compared "Social Security" to a Milk Cow with 310 million teats.
Here's a response in a letter from a unknown fellow in Montana ...
I think he is a little ticked off! He also tells it like it is !
"Hey Alan, let's get a few things straight..
1. As a career politician, you have been on the public dole for FIFTY YEARS.
2. I have been paying Social Security taxes for 48 YEARS (since I was 15 years old. I am now 63).
3 My Social Security payments, and those of millions of other Americans, were safely tucked away in an interest bearing account for decades until you political pukes decided to raid the account and give OUR money to a bunch of zero ambition losers in return for votes, thus bankrupting the system and turning Social Security into a Ponzi scheme that would have made Bernie Madoff proud.
4. Recently, just like Lucy & Charlie Brown, you and your ilk pulled the proverbial football away from millions of American seniors nearing retirement and moved the goalposts for full retirement from age 65 to age 67. NOW, you and your shit commission is proposing to move the goalposts YET AGAIN.
5. I, and millions of other Americans, have been paying into Medicare from Day One, and now you morons propose to change the rules of the game. Why? Because you idiots mismanaged other parts of the economy to such an extent that you need to steal money from Medicare to pay the bills.
6. I, and millions of other Americans, have been paying income taxes our entire lives, and now you propose to increase our taxes yet again. Why?
Because you incompetent bastards spent our money so profligately that you just kept on spending even after you ran out of money. Now, you come to the American taxpayers and say you need more to pay off YOUR debt.
To add insult to injury, you label us "greedy" for calling "bullshit" on your incompetence. Well, Captain Bullshit, I have a few questions for YOU.
1. How much money have you earned from the American taxpayers during your pathetic 50-year political career?
2. At what age did you retire from your pathetic political career, and how much are you receiving in annual retirement benefits from the American taxpayers?
3. How much do you pay for YOUR government provided health insurance?
4. What cuts in YOUR retirement and healthcare benefits are you proposing in your disgusting deficit reduction proposal, or as usual, have you exempted yourself and your political cronies?
It is you, Captain Bullshit, and your political co-conspirators called Congress, who are the "greedy" ones. It is you and your fellow nutcases who have bankrupted America and stolen the American dream from millions of loyal, patriotic taxpayers. And for what? Votes. That's right, sir. You and yours have bankrupted America for the sole purpose of advancing your pathetic political careers. You know it, we know it, and
you know that we know it.
And you can take that to the bank, you miserable son of a bitch.